I firmly believe India should ban Tik Tok.
See my reasons are simple;
On an average, a Tik Tok user spends 46 mins on it on a daily basis.
Do you think it’s useful?
And what they do;
Watch videos (Most of them) that does not make any sense.
27% of global Tik Tok users are in the age group of 13 – 17 years.
Now, you tell me;
1. Do you think people in that age group are in a situation to understand what’s right and what’s wrong?
2. What is going to happen to those poor kids mindset?
3. How many of them would like to become the person they see – GOOD or BAD that’s their choice?
4. What will they grow up as?
Just to tell you this youth percentage goes up to 41% (Worldwide) when we consider youth in the age group of 16 to 24.
I mean, all of this for what?
Why cannot Tik Tok make sure that the content on its platform gets flagged automatically, if;
1. It promotes vulgarity.
2. It promotes alcohol | Smoke | Drugs or any such items.
3. It promotes racism.
4. It promotes social abuse.
5. It promotes trolling.
Consider 41% of Indian youth in the age group of 16 to 24 using this app for 46 mins a day.
What do you think that they will end up becoming?
Think about it.